You are currently in Archive View Mode. You are now vieweing the call titled: Reconnect: A Juried Alumni Exhibition, which ended on 10/2/17, 1:00 PM. All call settings are read only. See Current Open Calls
Reconnect: A Juried Alumi Exhibition
- Opening Fri, January 12, 2018 with a reception 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Closing: Thurs, February 15, 2018, 3 p.m.
- For UNO Art Gallery hours see our webpage
- Alumi with a BFA, BASA, BA, or BS degree in studio arts earned at the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
- Works in any medium that have not already been exhibited in the UNO Art Gallery.
- Works that are site-specific or time-limited may be submitted and exhibited using high-quality documentation (photographs, video, etc.)
- Artworks not larger than the size limit of 10 ft (height) x 5 ft (width) x 5 ft (depth) can be submitted.
- Artworks must be either for sale or not for sale; price-on-request works will not be accepted.
- Beginning May 1, 2017
- Ending October 1, 2017, 12:00 a.m.
- Artists are asked to submit a 1-page resume (PDF) with the artist’s name removed for review by the juror.
- Artists are asked to submit images of five artworks (not fewer) for review by the juror.
- Each artwork submitted must be available for exhibition.
- Substitutions at delivery time won’t be accepted.)
- Artwork information required: Title, dimensions, date created, media/technique, 1 - 2 digital images per artwork.
The On-Line Sumbission Process:
- Submissions must be made on-line at: unoalumni.artcall.org.
- The Gallery can proivde assistance with the on-line process as needed. (Please call or email.)
- The on-line process is in two parts: see the header bar top right for Register & Login links.
- First, ‘register’ to supply your user contact information, a PDF 1-page resume, and to create your user password. Note: You will be prompted to upload your PDF resume (as a user agreement) when you register as a user.
- After registering, you will be sent an email with login information to proceed with artwork submissions.
- Image File Types: JPG, PNG, GIF, MP4, MOV, AVI, WAV, MP3, AIF, PDF. DOC, TXT
- Minimum width/height of images: 960px
- Maximum width/height of images: 4600px
- Maximum file size for image: 4 mb
- Maximum file size for audio/video/PDF files: 25 mb
- Acceptance emails will be sent on or before November 1, 2017
- Upon acceptance, artist information required includes: short bio, artist statement, sale price or insurance value for each work.
- Works will be insured while on-site only if a price or value is assigned.
Delivery of Works:
- To be received at the UNO Art Gallery between December 18 - 22, 2017 or between January 2 - 5, 2018
- The artist is responsible for the cost of shipping or delivering work to and from the gallery.
- A limited budget is available for shipping reimbursement; these funds will be allocated to artists after selections are made.
- Shipping containers must be re-usable for return of work.
- Work must be shipped or delivered ready to display without special handling and installation must be self-evident.
University of Nebraska at Omaha
6001 Dodge St
Omaha NE 68182-0012
402 554 2796
University of Nebraska at Omaha Dodge St. Campus
Weber Fine Arts Rm 129
402 554 2796
- The Gallery Coordinator and student staff will install, light, and label all works (with the exception of installation pieces).
- Installation artworks must be completed by the artist on January 8, 9, or 10, 2018 (with specific times agreed upon with the Art Gallery Coordinator).
- Artworks must be either for sale or not for sale: price-on-request works will not be accepted.
- The UNO Art Gallery will handle all sales, which are subject to a 20% commission for the Gallery.
For more information or questions, please email email@example.com. Or call the Gallery at 402 453 8376.